Anna’s Heart on…
Children in Movies
Some of you are going to think that this will be about how children shouldn’t be in movies of any kind, but that isn’t the case. My real focus is how important children are and how impressionable they are and how we, as individuals, parents, teachers, and filmmakers, need to use much wisdom when working with children.
We all know the song “Be careful little eyes what you see, little ears what you hear, little mouth what you say”. We all know it, we all believe it, yet do we follow it, especially when it comes to the children? My heart breaks every time I hear a child in real life being disrespectful or even cussing (even at a really young age). It breaks even more when they are asked to do that within a film as well. Cussing for any reason, for a Christian, who is supposed to be like Jesus, is wrong. Causing a child to hear that, see that, or even do that, for an acting role is still just as wrong.
Do we really want our children to think sin is ok for us to participate in, when it cost the Son of God His life?
Matthew 18:6 – But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
We can all be forgiven when we ask for it, but the purpose for these thoughts are for the future. We, as individuals, need to stop and think before we say or do anything that would sow a seed for evil instead of good into a child’s life.
- We can read God’s Word and pray more so we can be guided to the right decisions we make on a moment by moment basis.
- We can stop supporting tv shows and movies that exploit the children or send the wrong ungodly messages out there to the world.
- We can start supporting Christian movies that really show a need for God and don’t include the unnecessary language or sleazy scenes.
- We can make sure we check the Dove Reviews and Kids in Mind Reviews so we know what we are watching, before we watch it.
- We can say NO to roles in which the children (or adults) will be asked to do things that are against the Word of God. (Evil can be portrayed tastefully without causing the actor/actress to go against the Word of God).
We would love for CFDb to be a safe place to go. If you see a film on the database that needs a warning on it, please let us know. We are a database so we list a lot of films that we haven’t seen and we try to have a Dove Review link if it’s available. We do have a recommended films section which are the films we’ve already watched.
We also have a Children’s category section, but still we haven’t seen them all so please let us know if something needs to have a warning on it.
If you would like to read more of ‘Anna’s Heart‘, check out our Anna’s Heart Blog Section.