‘A Matter of Faith’ ~
CFDb Movie Review
A Christian girl goes off to college for her freshman year and begins to be influenced by her popular Biology professor who teaches that evolution is the answer to the origins of life. When her father suspects something happening, he begins to examine the situation and what he discovers completely catches him off guard. Now very concerned about his daughter drifting away from the faith, he tries to do something about it!
The movie is being planned for the largest theatrical release from the Brothers to date. Their last film, The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry, played in 313 theaters.
At first glance you might think this movie is going to be another ‘God’s Not Dead‘, but it’s not. This film shows something unique, especially about the way the debate was handled. Here were some highlights:
- Some humor throughout.
- The dad’s secret gift to his daughter.
- We need to be prepared to give an answer for our faith…at all times, just like the Bible tells us to.
- We need to recognize the opportunities that God gives to us personally.
- A Christian is never out of the game.
- Did we become a Christian because we wanted to add Jesus to our lives, or because we wanted to submit our lives to Him?
Really enjoyed the debate, especially the last half of it, which focused on the faith factor on both sides of the issue. Great ending too. We highly recommend this film. Great discussion starter as well.
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.