‘Awakened’ ~ CFDb Movie Review
Awakened – Feelings Follow Actions
In today’s culture young girls are besieged with distorted views of love from every movie theater, laptop and even Christian bookstores. We are easily awakened to impassioned desires during the most potentially fruitful years of our lives.
Is it normal to be mentally engulfed in a saga of boys, crushes, and romantic daydreams that are presented as being inseparable from young adulthood? How do we handle infatuations, and God-given longings for marriage?
The world beckons us to follow our hearts; God commands us to guard them, but how?
Awakened follows the joy seen by generations of women who are disciplining their hearts and minds and the steadfast men who lead and encourage them to enjoy the intimacy Christ wishes for every young lady.
Feelings Follow Actions was explained brilliantly during this film. The natural way is to let actions follow our feelings. That is not the way it’s supposed to be. I struggled to understand the concept until Ellie was introduced and the aha moment came. Here were some highlights:
- Culture, instead of parents are disciplining the children of today. That includes TV/Games.
- We live in an entitlement mentality culture (my words). No patience. We want what we want and we want it now.
- Shocking some of the quotes in the Disney songs, cartoons and movies that are marketed to children. The words are sowing bad seeds in our children’s lives.
- We are told in these songs and movies to follow our hearts, to not pay attention to our parents or the rules. This is in direct opposition to God’s Word that warns us, Jeremiah 17:9- The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? Sound familiar? We can’t trust our hearts or our feelings and if we are feeding our minds with the world instead of God’s Word, we will make wrong decisions.
- A great question to ask yourself – Is it ok to invite Jesus to sit down and watch TV with you or watch a movie or play a game? If the answer is no, then we have no business watching it ourselves.
Song of Solomon 8:4 – I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, that ye stir not up, nor awake my love, until he please. The truth of this Scripture is talked about during this film and it’s an important film to watch, especially as parents and for young girls in particular. God has a plan for each of our lives and that plan doesn’t include absorbing everything the world has to offer.
Another great documentary is ‘Captivated‘. It will also challenge your way of thinking.
Purchase on DVD
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.