C.H. Spurgeon: The People’s Preacher ~
CFDb Movie Review & Recommendation
One of history’s greatest preachers and his abiding influence.
Here is the intimate story of one of the greatest preachers in the history of the church. We follow him from his youth where, as a young preacher he is surprisingly called to minister in London and soon captures the love and respect of the nation. He goes on to become one of its most influential figures.
This powerful, inspirational docu-dama faithfully recreates the times of C.H. Spurgeon and brings the “people’s preacher” to life as it follows his trials and triumphs with historical accuracy.
Made by the award-winning Christian Television Association and filmed on location in England, Scotland, France and Germany, this film vividly captures the spirit and message of a man whose eventful — and sometimes controversial — life is highly relevant to the twenty-first century.
What an informative and interesting docu-drama on C.H. Spurgeon. Here were some highlights:
- Informative about his entire life.
- Parts of his sermon spoken in this movie that seemed so simple, yet so profound.
- Loved learning about his favorite book that he read as a child. I went out and purchased the book after I watched this. I had only listened to the audio version in the past. You’ll have to see the docu-drama to learn what book that is.
- Great Cinematography.
- Teaching Sunday School and the kids enjoyed it so much their parents began attending too.
- A little bit of humor.
- Such a young man to be used so greatly for God.
- His brother becoming like a Barnabas to him. We all need to either be a Barnabas or have one by our side.
- A great quote from his wife about the Bible. Pay attention to that one.
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.