‘China Cry’ ~ CFDb Movie Review
& Highest Recommendation
The true story of Sung Neng Yee, now known as Nora “Lamb”, who escaped from Communist China to Hong Kong some thirty years ago and now lives in the United States. Her childhood faith became real as she suffered under Communist persecution. She refused to deny Christ even while enduring physical abuse late in her pregnancy. A gripping story of love, struggle and flight to freedom.
This is the first Christian movie I ever saw that wasn’t a Bible movie and there were a couple of scenes in it that remained with me all these years. This is a must see film, based on a true and powerful story and we highly recommend this film. Here were some highlights:
- Going from a very spoiled girl to great difficulties in just 1 day and these difficulties increased later on.
- Handling betrayal and deception with such grace and forgiveness.
- Even though she wasn’t a practicing Christian, she stood the test and this led to a strong faith and deliverance from China as a promise from God.
- The patience shown throughout all of her trials. She always believed God would deliver her and her family out of China because He told her she would, but it was not immediate and it didn’t happen all at once.
- A powerful miracle was done for this woman, you’ll have to watch it to find out.
One of my favorites parts in this film was the private church service and being forced to sing without sound. A strong conviction came to me that so many churches split over music, I wonder what they would have done in a time of persecution when no music or words could even be sung for fear of being caught…Something to think about.
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.