‘A Christian in Communist China:
The Missions Collection’ ~
CFDb Movie Review
A defiant Chinese Christian pastor, who has been conducting secret religious services in Communist China, is discovered and tortured. He escapes, but as he sails into Hong Kong harbor and hears a church choir singing in the distance, he decides to turn back to the people in his homeland who have looked to him for faith. Photographed in color and was actually filmed near the Chinese Communist border.
Although only 30 minutes long, this is a powerful true story about a Christian pastor living in communist China. Here were some highlights from this one:
- Some that look like your friends are truly your enemy. (Have you ever heard the term – more to fear from within than without – same concept)
- These faithful Christians met secretly to pray and read their Bible. This still happens in many countries today. They need our prayers!
- When this pastor was arrested, his only crime was believing in God. (Hard to imagine for us in America, but that time is coming for us too)
- The authorities gave him the option to quit preaching or suffer. He chose to suffer.
- Even though tortured, he told them he would preach as long as there was breath in his body.
I really loved the ending, which showed where this pastor’s heart really was at…with the people of God in Communist China. My sincere desire is that this film will be the encouragement needed for someone to follow the calling God has on their life for missions, whether it be at home or abroad.
Matthew 9:37, 38
Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.