CMA National Media Conference ~ Final Day
We’ll be taking more pictures today. What a delightful day yesterday. It was my very first power point presentation about the ‘Ins and Outs of Marketing Your Christian Film‘.
It was a great experience, one I hope to be able to do again soon.
This has been a great event for making connections. We’ve already seen how God has worked in the lives of different people, bringing the right people together. What a true blessing it’s been to be here.
I’ve been able to attend 2 wonderful workshops thus far. David Austin, from BMG on distribution and an enlightening talk from Phillip Tefler of Media Talk 101 entitled, “Media Choice: Convictions or compromise?” He also made ‘Captivated‘. I wanted to share some highlights here:
- We need to understand that all media has a message and those messages have an impact on our lives.
- Christianity is not about adding Jesus to your life, it is about Jesus replacing your operating system.
- Pain is essential to protection.
- If you say that media doesn’t affect you, this is the proof that there is a problem…you’ve been desensitized.
- Conviction is something you believe so strongly that it will guide your actions even when under pressure.
- What you defend tells a lot about what you believe.
- Muse = to think about. Amuse = not to think.
Best part of all – something for you to muse on…
Every song is a sermon
Every movie is a message
Every TV is a teacher
Every word is a weapon
A picture is worth a 1,000 words
If you would like to invite Phillip to come speak at your church or conference, send him an e-mail. You will be blessed and awakened by his presentation.
If you have some great Christian Film Content for the CFDb blog, contact us.