‘Fight’ ~ CFDb Movie Review and
With his marriage on the ropes and his energy spent, an unprepared Luke struggles in the fight of a lifetime to land a knockout punch to a heavyweight contender in a game that goes way beyond the ring.
“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” – Ephesians 6:12
Wow, what a film and only 20 minutes long. Here were some highlights:
- If you go into the battle unprepared, you’ve already lost! That is why pray is crucial although parts of this movie are allegorical.
- We need to put 100% into the battle to win.
- What exactly are we fighting for anyway? We may be fighting for our marriage or ourselves, but we are really fighting for God. When we gain the victory, then God uses us to help others that fight the same battles we’ve won.
- Sometimes it takes drastic measures to overcome.
- Great tool for churches or individual groups.
So many marriages have been ruined over this 1 issue, pornography, but there is so much more to this film. Perhaps pornography isn’t your struggle but depression is, or food addictions, or drugs, or sexual addictions, or even pride…we all have a battle to fight…mostly with ourselves, but in this film I could really sense the struggle and it reminded me of many struggles I’ve had and how sweet the victory was when it was finally won!
Don’t be discouraged, but encouraged. There is hope and help in Him! There is another series called ‘Conquer Series: The Battle Plan for Purity‘. This series gives great insight into how the mind works and how to break addictions.
God is with us in the battle and has already given us the victory, but we must be prepared to fight! I Corinthians 15:57 – But thanks be to God which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.