‘Gramps Goes to College’ ~ CFDb Movie Review
Ty Bounds, a workaholic as a computer programmer for 35 years, has retired. No longer forced to work for a living, he seeks how he can spend his time serving God. Following the lead of the Holy Spirit, he returns to college to wage war against secular humanism and to mentor a new generation in truth seeking.
We really enjoyed this film, especially the conversations about creation. Some highlights:
- Quite a bit of humor intermixed throughout, that’s always a plus.
- Especially liked the brain/computer comparison discussion.
- I love the quote, “I don’t have enough faith to be an atheist.”
- I’ve heard that there are MANY Christians that lose their faith while they are in College. A sad statistic and this film brings some of the reality out into the open of what people face when they are in College.
- Loved the Frodo comment toward the end.
- Christianity should be one adventure after another. (How true is that!)
- Some great quotes at the end by the students. Pay close attention to those.
Have to add a special note here about Carol Anderson, who played Professor Tucker, pictured below. We LOVED Carol in this role. She was quite the character and really added some spice to the film.
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.