‘John Wesley: The Faith That
Sparked the Methodist Movement’ ~
CFDb Movie Review
Few people have influenced the course of the church like John Wesley.
Like his reforming predecessor, Martin Luther, Wesley’s early life was marked by a moralism driven by fear of God’s judgment. And it was Luther’s writing that helped Wesley to understand the scriptural message of grace through faith. Set free from his bondage to self-righteousness Wesley set out to awaken a church that had once again traded the truth for lies and mission for self-preservation.
This documentary uses excerpts from the award-winning 2010 dramatic film, Wesley along with expert commentary and footage shot in Wesley’s England. It will take you inside the world of John Wesley and trace how this influential Christian leader changed the course of the church and the world. Includes optional English and Spanish subtitles. Approx. 55 minutes.
What an informative documentary that uses some scenes from the drama Wesley. Here were some highlights:
- A glimpse into the 1700’s and how difficult life truly was and how many of them lived completely joyless lives.
- Loved his conversion story.
- Great information about his mom.
- Facts about his life I never knew.
- How he was saved for a special purpose and how he learned total dependence on Christ, as we all need to learn.
- His tremendous influence that continues to change lives.
- One of his many quotes pictured above. We all need to live by this motto.
We don’t all have that pivotal moment when everything changes and you can pinpoint your conversion experience, but John Wesley did, reminded me of the conversion of Peter.
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.