‘Love Finds You in Sugarcreek, Ohio’ ~
CFDb Movie Review & Recommendation
Love Finds You in Sugarcreek, Ohio – A mysterious outsider casts a long shadow on Ohio’s Amish country. Policewoman Rachel Troyer has always looked after her three elderly Amish aunts, proprietors of a farmhouse inn near Sugarcreek, Ohio. The idyllic town is popular with tourists, who come to sample its famous Amish goods. But one thing is clear to Rachel – Joe Matthews is no tourist. When the bearded stranger lands on her aunts’ doorstep, begging shelter for himself and his young son, Rachel is suspicious. Will she be able to uncover Joe’s secrets despite her aunts’ – and her own – growing affection for him?
If you liked The Confession, you’ll love this one as well. A pure delight watching this film. Besides the great cinematography and musical score, here were some highlights for me:
- Loved the statement that honest work is of God. Isn’t that the truth. Hard work IS truly a blessing. If you don’t believe that, try NOT working, it’s true that idle hands are the Devil’s workshop.
- Don’t forget to entertain strangers, you may be entertaining angel’s unawares. We need to be more like Abraham with our hospitality.
- There is no compromising to doing God’s will.
- This is God’s world and people are put in our lives for a reason. We shouldn’t question that.
- Such simple faith shown by the Aunts, they believed…truly believed that God would provide no matter what was going on in their lives. That is how we need to be as followers of Jesus.
Definitely my favorite character in this film and I couldn’t remember where I knew her from originally. Found out she played the sister in “Chuck“, a series we watched briefly and really enjoyed for awhile.
Overall, besides the message of forgiveness, it came across quite vividly was about the horrors of the Paparazzi in the lives of those that are famous and how much they can really affect the family, especially the children. LOVED the brilliant way they were handled towards the end of the movie.
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.