‘Love’s Long Journey’ ~ CFDb Movie Review & Recommendation
The Third heartwarming movie in Janette Oke’s Love Comes Softly saga.
Missie’s (Erin Cottrell) surprise discovery – her pregnancy – sets her on a new course that’s at once thrilling and terrifying. After all the planning and dreaming, she and her husband, Willie (Logan Bartholemew), have headed west in a covered wagon, leaving behind the prairie home of Missie’s parents.
Now, caught between the excitement of the new adventure and the pain of not knowing when she’ll see her family again, Missie copes with the challenges, and cherishes the rewards of her new homestead.
After watching this 3rd in the ‘Love Comes Softly‘ series a 2nd time, I liked it even more than the first time. I absolutely LOVED Miriam, the woman pictured here with Missy and Willie and the newest baby.
This one was really serious, and yet quite humorous at times. A few things I liked about this one:
- Asking the Lord to bless the house and all who enter – I wonder how many of us still do that?
- For everything there is a season
- Loved the perfectly innocent Christmas dinner & the practical Christianity throughout this one.
- Powerful redemption scenes in this one too.
- Our journey lasts a lifetime. (God isn’t finished with us yet!)
CAST in this one: (Spoiler alert)
Willie and Missy LaHaye (Missy married Willie in the last episode)
Matthew (Willie & Missy’s Oldest Child)
Isaiah (Willie & Missy’s Newest baby)
PURCHASE the DVD
RENT from Christian Cinema
Watch on YouTube on Demand