‘Miracles from Heaven’ ~
CFDb Movie Review & Recommendation
How do we explain the impossible?
When Christy discovers her 10-year-old daughter Anna (Kylie Rogers) has a rare, incurable disease, she becomes a ferocious advocate for her daughter’s healing as she searches for a solution.
As Christy searches she befriends Angela Bradford (Queen Latifah), who helps bring everyday joy and hope back to the Beam family. After Anna has a freak accident, an extraordinary miracle unfolds in the wake of her dramatic rescue that leaves medical specialists mystified, her family’s faith restored and their community inspired.
This film, at times, reminded me of ‘The Blind Side‘. What a powerful film with great music, but please remember to bring a few tissues with you because this film will make you cry. Here were some highlights:
- Some humor throughout this very serious film.
- We all go through difficult times and this family went through heart wrenching experiences because of their daughter.
- The frustration of the Doctors not truly listening to your cries for help and how sometimes, we really need to voice our concerns, emphatically, in order for something to be done. Always pray, but fight as well for your loved ones.
- The unbelievable, yet realistic words that well meaning Christians say, which should NEVER be spoken.
- Never judge someone for you are not walking in their shoes.
- Loved the Pastor’s answer to Kristy Beam regarding suffering.
- Amazing scene at the airport.
- Loved the mom’s speech talking about how people touching our lives everyday – God’s working miracles in our lives.
- Powerful ending.
This is a movie that everyone really needs to see although it might be a little intense for little ones. If you think the movie is just what is in the trailer…think again. Well worth your time and it will encourage those that are struggling with their faith.
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.