‘Patrick: Brave Shepherd
of the Emerald Isle’ ~ CFDb Movie Review
Patrick: Brave Shepherd of the Emerald Isle
Fun-loving Patrick had it easy at his parents’ seaside villa. At 16, he thought he had it made for life – that is, until the day raiders kidnapped him to nearby Ireland. Now a slave and shepherd, Patrick faced a bleak and uncertain future.
To survive, he’d have to conquer cold, hunger, wild beasts, and even worse enemies. What’s more, Patrick would have to conquer himself. So he turned to God. With new strength and inner freedom, he began an incredible saga of faith against which no enemy would ever prevail.
Blending historical facts with beloved traditions, “Patrick, Brave Shepherd of the Emerald Isle” brings to life a long-lost world of Druids, warriors, and kings. One that brave Patrick, following the example of the Good Shepherd, illuminated forever.
This cartoon comes in English, Spanish and French and begins with a poem that mentions this story blends facts from what Patrick penned, along with tales of Irish glory. Here were some highlights:
- How horrible to be kidnapped by slave traders, especially by one who was obviously used to a comfortable lifestyle.
- Interesting that he became a shepherd, similar to Moses. Perhaps he had to unlearn some things from his past before he could be used for His glory.
- Loved Patrick’s calling and how it took many years for training before he could fulfill that calling. God’s timing is not our timing.
- Loved the scene that reminded me of Elijah and the prophets of Baal.
- His love for Jesus and His Word.
Purchase on DVD
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.