CFDb Movie Review
A young slave girl, Anna, is rescued and adopted by Christians in 2nd Century Smyrna and befriended by their aged bishop, Polycarp.
As Anna is taught by Polycarp and her new family, she struggles to reconcile her beliefs with those of the Christians. When the Roman proconsul demands that all citizens worship Caesar to show their allegiance to Rome, Polycarp and the Christians must find courage to stand for their faith against the growing threat of persecution. Anna is forced to come to grips with the truth and choose whom she is willing to live–and die–for.
Perfect love casts out all fear. Here were some highlights:
- At the very least we are to die to ourselves and serve others.
- We may not all have to give our lives.
- God may be leading us in different paths.
- In whatever path He leads us, we are to glorify Him.
- We are to share God with others, not hide Him.
- We stand alone with God and we each have a test of faith.
This film gives you a lot to think about. May God prepare us for whatever trials we are to face each day.
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.