‘The Redemption of Henry Myers’ ~
CFDb Movie Review &
Henry is a hard man, getting by in the old west the only way he knows how: robbing banks. After his latest heist goes wrong and his partners betray him and leave him for dead, Henry is surprised to find extraordinary kindness from a widow and her children. With the influence of this family, Henry begins to question the choices he’s made in his life. Just when things begin to make sense again, it’s all ripped away from him when his old partners show up. Will he seek the revenge he desires or finally find his Redemption?
Great beginning, fabulous musical score and intriguing from beginning to end. Here were some of the highlights for me:
- Loved the picture on the wall shown throughout the film.
- The conversation between the pastor and Henry towards the beginning. Very powerful.
- The genuine Christianity that was shown by Marilyn and Laura. They lived their lives for Jesus. It caused me to wonder what would I have done in a similar situation.
- The fact that everyone deserves kindness. There was once a man I met that said there was no hope for him and I replied that as long as there was still breath in him, there was hope. It’s the truth. Don’t give up on praying for people. People can change.
- Family worship – we need to follow that example in all our families.
- My favorite scene was with all of them singing.
- True forgiveness shown throughout.
Jaden Roberts, who played Laura in this was FABULOUS. She had some of the best lines in the film and really brought a sweetness to the film and lots of humor throughout.
We highly recommend this film, for Christians and for non-Christians. It had the ‘Little House on the Prairie‘ type feel to it, with lots of action throughout.
CFDb recently had the privilege of interviewing Erin Bethea, the leading actress in this film. Listen to the podcast.
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.