‘Return of the Daughters’ ~
CFDb Movie Review & Recommendation
For the first time in America’s history, young ladies can expect to encounter a large gap between their years of basic training and the time when they marry… if they marry. Now Christian girls all throughout our country are seriously asking: What’s a girl to do with her single years?
I’ve read the controversial arguments made against this film, but I found it highly inspiring and wondered what my life would have been like if I had followed this Biblical principle, even with my father being an unbeliever. This film made me cry when I thought of what might have been, but alas…it was not to be. I made my choices and I have to live with those choices in this life.
But what if…others could make the right choice and follow the Bible principles set forth in this documentary? Then it will be worth it to share and recommend this film. Here are some highlights:
- Loved the beginning about Wise women can build up a nation (or a family) and a foolish woman can tear them down. We ALL know this is true and reminds us of Proverbs 14:1 – Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.
- What should single women do with their time is what is addressed in this film which is something that really isn’t addressed anywhere else. Women become confused what to do with their lives, especially in this society that pushes for marrying right away (even if it’s not the right choice), and pushing for leaving the house right away and getting their own place. (Let’s be honest here – when you have your own place you make some pretty unwise choices because you have no one to hold you accountable)
- Family centered living. The idea of working closely with your father if you can is a great idea and one that probably any of my siblings and I would have jumped at the chance, even though my dad wasn’t a godly man. He was a businessman and very successful and we all wanted to take after him and cherished the memories of going with him to work or visiting him at work. Highlight of our lives 🙂
- Some powerful testimonies, especially from the one family that completely were living away from God and then became Christian and everything changed and I’m sure it wasn’t an overnight change.
- Learning to submit at home allows you for being more prepared for a future marriage. (I can’t count how many times I said that I wished I wasn’t spoiled and was disciplined as a child so I wouldn’t have such a hard time being obedient to God and my husband now) Women seem to hate that we are supposed to submit but it is Biblical as long as it doesn’t go against God’s Word itself. Just look around your churches and see if you notice ANY women or children that have learned submission or do you look around and see the world with the woman at the head of the family making all the decisions??? Ever read, Why Men Hate Going to Church? Although I don’t agree with everything in the book, it may just give you a glimpse of why women are doing most of the work in most churches and men have stopped being in leadership roles. It’s rather fascinating and eye-opening.
- Psalm 144:12 – That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace: WOW what a verse -how many times have I read that and never really read it. What a beautiful verse and makes daughters and women be like the Proverbs 31 woman. It would be good for women to read Proverbs 31 even daily to get a picture of what the godly woman is supposed to be like and convicted on how far off we really are. (Speaking for myself of course!)
- This doesn’t mean women are china dolls, but should be doing purposeful ministry, just like the men.
Because this film is so controversial we won’t be adding it to the database right now, but wanted to release the review. I want to close with a Scripture found in Acts 5:38, 39 – And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for it this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even the fight against God.
I am convinced God is leading His people back to the basics, back to Genesis. He wants us to restore all the divine institutions. It’s time for another reformation, going back to the Bible and the Bible only and following God’s plan for us. Then we’ll see another revival and professed Christians being filled with the Holy Ghost, walking as overcomers and winning many souls to Jesus, especially here in America.
This film may seem over the top, but if it was shown in the 1800’s, I doubt it would have seemed strange at all, but commonplace and proper.
Purchase on DVD
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.