‘Seven Days in Utopia’ ~ CFDb Movie Review & Recommendation
After a disastrous debut on the pro circuit, a young golfer finds himself unexpectedly stranded in Utopia, Texas and welcomed by an eccentric rancher.
When Luke Chisolm’s (Lucas Black) first big shot turns out to be a very public disaster, he escapes the pressures of the game and finds himself unexpectedly stranded in Utopia, Texas, home to eccentric rancher Johnny Crawford (Robert Duvall).
Johnny’s more than meets the eye, and his profound ways of looking at life force Luke to question not only his past choices, but his direction for the future.
We put off seeing this movie for different reasons. Roger wasn’t thrilled about a golf movie and I thought it was some sort of weird film because of the title. WOW, were we both surprised!
There are so many things I want to say about this movie but the blog would just go on and on with all the ways God spoke to me through this film. This film has GREAT dialogue, some humor mixed throughout but the strong messages in this film make this an absolute FAVORITE of mine. This is a film that glorifies God and is a REAL Christian film. It’s not in your face Christianity but has profound messages.
Here are some of the gems:
- Right now you’re playing not to lose, you’ve got to play to win
- think about and write down why you do the things you do and the reason you do it that way.
- You need conviction about your foundations.
- To be consistent – one off handed comment on how you are doing things can take you out of the game and erode your confidence. To learn how to keep your head in the game…emotional control.
- Visualize your play
- Having respect for tradition but a passion for the truth
- Always be ready for the unexpected
- What do you want people to say about you when you are gone…the writing on your epitaph.
- And the very END quote – don’t want to give that one away
Each one of these gems was a sermon in itself for me personally. This film was such a powerful film and we would highly recommend this film. Watch it with the entire family, discuss it afterwards.
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.