‘Seven Letters: Ephesus’ ~
CFDb Movie Review
What would Jesus say about today’s church? How close is your personal relationship with Christ? These are the topics considered in “Seven Letters: Ephesus“, a Christian film based on Christ’s letter to the church at Ephesus from Revelation.
The main character, “David”, is a widower who is very active in his church and community. However, something is missing in David’s life. The light has dimmed, and he no longer seems able to inspire positive change in others or spread the good news of the Gospel, as he once did.
Follow David on his journey, and consider how it relates to the body of Christ today.
This is an eye opening film as to the superficial Christianity which has become quite popular in these days. Here were some highlights:
- Some humor throughout. Brought back memories of ‘Super Christian’ I & II and had the feel, at times of ‘Music Box‘, especially at the beginning.
- Interesting to see how Christians can do well, and yet be completely clueless at other times. (I think we’ve all been there at one time or another)
- There is always a choice and that choice is following the Bible and the Bible only. That is never an easy thing, but necessary.
- Are we trying to work or buy our way into Heaven by the things we do, or are we truly so full of love for God and others that our works come naturally?
- The way it was shown to this man that he forsook his first love.
- Touching moment with the woman above towards the end of the movie. It’s an eye opener with what we should be doing as Christians.
This movie causes you to ask yourself if you’ve lost that first love experience, and what will it take to get it back. The Bible says in Romans 10:17 – So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. The Word of God truly is the key.
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.