‘The Pardon’ ~
CFDb Movie Review
The true story of Toni Jo Henry, a woman tried for the crime of murder in 1942 in the state of Louisiana.
Toni Jo, a product of childhood abuse and neglect, briefly discovers love and happiness that soon turns to despair when her husband Cowboy is sent to prison and she embarks on an ill-fated plan with an accomplice Arkie to free him.Because of her beauty, Toni Jo instantly becomes a notorious celebrity, drawing the unparalleled media attention of two highly publicized and sensational murder trials.
Her story is a story of hope, a story of love and a story of redemption, as Toni Jo discovers the true strength within herself and, with the help of a priest, Father Richard is able to face her life with a calm and peace that defies explanation.
Based on a true story, this is one that will move you to tears and give you hope. Here were some highlights:
- VERY tastefully done, especially the beginning.
- The shocking reality of what people do when they are desperate.
- The powerful last words of the man that was killed.
- How unjust our legal system truly can be and was in this particular case. You will be surprised as how unjust it was.
- The love and patience shown by the priest.
- Mercy shown in the midst of a very unfair trial.
- Nothing goes unnoticed by God.
- Powerful ending.
Even though this woman was far from being innocent…which one of us is any different? We are all sinners and we all need a Savior. I couldn’t help but wonder how much more we, as Christians, can be doing for our communities and even those in prison to lead them to Jesus.
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.