Frequently Asked Questions
This ad from Google helps support CFDb!
1. What is CFDb? CFDb is a “Non-denominational” “Christian Film” database. We list all Christian Movies/Films on DVD, Blu-ray, VHS, 16mm and upcoming Christian Movies coming to Theaters or Premiering on TV/Cable. We also list Christian Movie Trailers and Christian Films on VOD (Video on Demand).
2. How long has CFDb been around? CFDb has been around since the beginning of 2008, although on February 25, 2010 we became officially known as Christianfilmdatabase.com, llc.
3. How do I join CFDb? In order to join CFDb click on the link entitled “REGISTER” at the upper right hand corner of any page on the website. Once you click, a box will come up asking for your user name and e-mail address. Fill in the information and click on the button to send a unique password to your e-mail address. The e-mail will send you a password and a link to finish registration. This is where you will be able to change your password to one you can easily remember. Keep in mind that your user name cannot be changed.
4. Why should I become a member of CFDb? In order to rate a film or leave a comment on any film, you must be a registered user on CFDb. There will be more features coming in the future for those on the CFDb team.
5. How can I leave a comment or rate a film? There are 3 ways to rate a film. You must be registered on CFDb in order to rate a film or leave a comment. Once you locate a film and click on the film title, this will lead you to the actual film page. Under the film artwork, you may rate a film using the star system. You may also leave a comment in the comment section on the bottom of the page. The first comment that you leave will have to be approved by the administrator. This should be done within 24-48 hours.
6. How can I get my film or another Christian movie listed on CFDb? If you do not see your Christian movie or a movie that you think should be on the CFDb, you may click the link entitled “ADD/UPDATE FILM PAGE” located on the top of any of the CFDb pages, which will take you to a section where you can fill in any details you need to add or change to an existing film or to add a film.
7. Why do I see some Mormon Films listed on CFDb? We list all films with a “Christian Message”, it does not matter who makes it. If Hollywood, a Christian, or an Athiest makes a “Christian Film”, we list it on CFDb. CFDb does not endorse the film makers, only their “Christian” films. We understand there is a great controversy over this issue and we’ve even discussed them with Mormons as well. We do differentiate their films by stating on the film page, “This is an LDS film.”
8. What is the CFDb definition of a “Christian Film”? CFDb considers a “Christian Film”, a film that shows a need for God in some way. It can be implied as well, in the case of allegories. CFDb does not want to list “Family Friendly” films for the main reason that if a person lives a moral life, they are still lost.
The goal for CFDb is to list only “Christian Films”, or films that have been promoted as Christian so that a person can view a film page and see if the movie really is Christian or not. There are some films that have been labeled as Christian, but have foul language in them and/or nudity. We put a parental warning on these films so that you can be prepared for what to expect.
We apologize ahead of time for any film that may be listed on CFDb that has no parental warning on them, as we are unable to watch every Christian film. We do try our best to review as many as we can, so we can notify the public of what to expect. If you know of a film that needs a “Parental Warning” added, please contact us right away so we can update the film page.