‘First Love: Breathe. Talk to God. Listen’ ~
CFDb Movie Review & Recommendation
FIRST LOVE is a modern day story based on the life of Jesus’ disciple, Peter.
Joe is a natural leader who is impulsive and passionate, but he needs a heart transformation in order to follow a higher calling. As he struggles to decide between ambition and humility, his marriage to Catherine and his career hang in the balance. Catherine must come to grips with the reality of her past to find healing for present relationships.
Teenagers, Michael and Emily, are working through their faith and a budding friendship, while Emily’s sister, Sarah, covers them all with faithful prayer. Throughout the film, Anthony Vero and his Aunt Rosa guide and instruct with God’s truth, hoping eternal work will be accomplished as Joe returns to his first love.
What a pleasant surprise this film was for us. Several things I would like to highlight from this film:
- Love the button idea – has anyone else done that before – I’m seriously thinking about doing that.
- Loved the dad spending time with his son, you don’t see that too often anymore and it’s so important for them to bond, even if it’s in little ways.
- LOVED the aunt’s comment about the bus. You’ll have to pay attention not to miss that one.
- Enjoyed the comment about flirting.
- Answered prayers increase faith.
- Sacrifice leads to joy and fulfillment.
- Selfishness leads to emptiness.
- The example of how to lead your business for Christ.
- An original song called, “First Love” written and sung by John Sherrill.
Bottom line is Love God, Love Others & Sacrificing for what’s right is NEVER in vain.
Our favorite actress in this film was Rachel Schardt, whose facial expressions reminded us so much of Drew Barrymore. She was really wonderful in this film and hoping to see her again in future faith based films.
Purchase on DVD
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.