‘God’s Not Dead’ ~ CFDb Movie Review
& Highest Recommendation
God’s Not Dead the movie a feature film that revolves around the lives of several individuals who are challenged and up against a world that believes God doesn’t exist with an appearance by the Newsboys.
Great Cinematography, Great Musical Score, Great Music, Great Cast, Great Story, Great Ending & Great Idea…ALL AROUND GREAT! One of our new all time favorites. We definitely want to tell the whole world that God’s Not Dead!
Here are some things I want to highlight from this one, without giving any spoilers:
- The quote, “Why would I do something I’m not proud of.” (I would like everyone to ask themselves right now the question, is there anything I’m doing right now that I’m not proud of?) If the answer is yes…something needs to change.
- Matthew 10:33 – But whosoever shall deny me before me, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. OUCH. That is what this film represents to me and it’s also PERSONAL because a couple of months ago I dreamed this verse and when I woke up and looked it up I realized why I dreamed it. God had convicted me of something and I went against that conviction. Thankfully, after repentance…no longer. It’s amazing how God can get His message across to us. The best way is through His Word!
- There is a question asked during the movie that I won’t repeat here but I’ll change it a little and say, “What if this movie…’God’s Not Dead’ is the only way some people will hear about God?” Bring a LOT of people to this movie and let the Holy Spirit do the convicting on their hearts.
- When the professor asks the students to write those words on a piece of paper I could only think of the 3 Hebrews who were told to either bow down when the music began or be thrown into the fiery furnace. What a POWERFUL scene.
- The humor throughout that really breaks up the seriousness of the film nicely.
- The Cinderella Complex is brought out briefly in this film as well. Well done, short but the message gets across.
- God is good…all the time. All the time…God is good. We used to attend a church where the pastor said this before every sermon. What I liked about it in this film was the man who came to visit the main pastor. What a GREAT attitude. Truly he was like Paul, he had learned to be content in whatsoever state he was in. My goal as well!
- Last mention here – if we could see as God sees, we would understand more why He answered our prayers or didn’t answer them the way we thought He should.
Purchase/Rent on DVD
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.