‘Little Boy’ ~ CFDb Movie Review &
A powerful and moving, utterly unique story that will capture your heart and lift your spirits. A major motion picture masterpiece, Little Boy tells the heartwarming story of a little boy who is willing to do whatever it takes to bring his dad home from World War II alive.
The story reveals the indescribable love a little boy has for his father and the love a father has for his son. Set in the 40s, Little Boy is a cinematic classic that captures the wonder of life through the eyes of a 8-year old little boy. Written and directed by Smithsonian Institute Award Winning Director Alejandro Monteverde, this film will make you laugh, cry and think about what matters most.
This movie was a brilliant film in so many ways, including the musical score. Here were some highlights:
- The beautiful relationship between the father and the son. (Truly an example of our relationship between our Heavenly Father and us as His children)
- The constant affirmation of faith – do you believe we can do this? (Father and son again – just like us too – do we believe we (us and God) can do this?
- Loved the dad’s attitude about everything.
- Some surprise moments, including one of the cast members, since I didn’t take a sneak peek about the cast before the film.
- The awareness that being prejudiced and acting on those thoughts are a type of bulling.
- The priests advice was fantastic and we should all heed that advice. I’ll talk more about the list on Anna’s Heart blog as well.
- Another awareness of how impressionable children are.
- One particular moment of laugh out loud humor…I mean hilarious.
- The priest’s words about moving the bottle. BRILLIANT and exactly how that verse should be taken and keeping in mind God’s will be done. Pay close attention to that scene because you are likely to never forget it after you’ve seen it.
- Faith won’t work if you hide hatred in your heart.
- A day of truth comes to us all to see what we are truly made of.
- Great symbolism about the choice towards the end.
- So many gems in this film and I don’t want to give any spoilers so you’ll have to see it to experience it.
Fabulous job by the boy and what a fascinating and inspiring story of how he was chosen for the role. Read Anna’s Heart on Screeners for more gems about this film.
Some great imagery and genius filmmaking. This one deserves to win awards and I can’t recall ever saying that about any other film I’ve seen in the past. This one will bring out a rollercoaster of emotions and be prepared to shed some tears.
This is a film where lives can really be touched and encouraged to stretch their faith to the limit.
Back in 2012 this little girl below was a shining example of simple faith and she gave a talk at the beginning of her grandfather’s funeral, sang a beautiful song, and then gave the most touching prayer I’ve ever heard. If you want to increase your faith, increase your hope, and receive some healing, this is a video you won’t want to miss. She reminded me of ‘Little Boy’, the movie and the boy who played the main character in little boy.
The bottle analogy was genius – it impressed me even more this time, especially since ‘War Room’ just came out in the theaters again. Moving God to move our mountains. Fabulous. What a message.
Also the reminded that faith won’t work if we hide any hatred in our hearts. If you haven’t seen this film yet…watch it!
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.