‘Nowhere Safe’ ~ CFDb Movie Review &
A mother and daughter escape their old town and start fresh in a new town and school, only to find that their past can still catch up with them.
After two teen girls cruelly impersonate her online in a “reverse cyber bullying” plot, Ashley’s reputation is ruined. She and her mother Julie (a high school teacher) are ostracized, forcing them to flee an escalating threat to their lives. Starting over at a new school miles away, romantic interests and the poignant lessons from an eccentric history teacher draw them out of seclusion until they realize confronting a hurtful past is essential to ensure a brighter future.
This is one of the most powerful films I’ve ever seen, especially since it deals with the topic of bullying and it’s based on true events. Here were some highlights:
- Why do people single other people out? Why does it make people feel better when they put other people down? Great question to ask ourselves.
- Violence in our society is similar to the time of Rome. People flock to violence, death and suffering, even if it’s just in movies or games.
- High school is NOT forever.
- Fascinating information about the knights and George Washington and other historical facts.
- Kindness can sometimes help – The Bible tells us to overcome evil with good. Great advice.
- Some great moments of humor to lighten the serious subject.
This film give great advice on how to handle a bullying situation. Remember we cannot despair because some of the best things in life are yet to come. Be encouraged. This too shall pass. If we give up we won’t fulfill the plan that God has for each one of us.
Purchase on Blu-ray
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.