‘Pass the Light’ ~ CFDb Movie Review
Steve Bellafiore (played by Cameron Palatas) is a very special kid; he’s a bright, religiously devout teen who yearns to become a football starter and works twice as hard as his high school peers to accomplish that goal.
Steve’s work ethic and kindness radiate through his life. Currently upset by his parents’ seeming estrangement, Steve is even more disturbed by the message of hatred and intolerance espoused by Franklin Baumann (played by Jon Gries), a candidate for Congress. Steve wants to make the point that Baumann’s exclusionary and fear-based doctrine has very little to do with his Christian perception of Christ’s teachings.
In retaliation, Steve announces his own candidacy for Congress. What begins as a tiny movement soon grows into a phenomenon, as people throughout the area embrace Steve and his Faith Crusade, whose “Pass the Light” campaign unites the community as never before.
Some great moments of humor in the midst of this very serious movie. Here were some highlights:
- What is Jesus’ way? How did Jesus love? Love vs. hate. There is a difference.
- Loved the conversation about the devil and jobs. It should leave everyone with no more excuses for doing what they know to be right.
- Demonstrates how pride can lead us to make excuses or do nothing vs. doing the right thing.
- When someone is being mistreated, we should step in and be that person’s friend…especially as a Christian.
- The entire Pass the Light idea is fabulous. I wish every school and church would do the same…and even every Christian personally, as much as they can.
- Nice ending with a great twist.
You can download the PASS THE LIGHT CORE PRINCIPLE’S PACKET, which we highly recommend!
Although this movie was really great, there were sections that were confusing. Homosexuality was made to seem as if they weren’t sure if it was all-right in the sight of God. Homosexuality is just a sin, like fornication, or pornography, or pride…the list goes on. We are definitely to LOVE every person, but we have to be careful to tell the truth about what God’s Word says about all sin.
There is a great documentary that talks about I Corinthians 6:11 – And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. There is victory in Jesus over all sin, not just forgiveness.
Here is a compilation of Scriptures and thoughts about this topic: Tract 39 – Homosexuality & Sexual Sin
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.