‘Revelation Road 2’ ~ CFDb Movie Review
Revelation Road 2: The Sea of Glass and Fire – Continues the thrilling odyssey of JOSH MCMANUS (David A. R. White) to return home to his wife and daughter. Chasing Josh at every turn is the brutal outlaw HAWG (Brian Bosworth) and his rolling gang of killers. On the day after the Biblical rapture, law and order have broken down – the highways have become a no-mans-land of bandits and looters. Josh’s world has been shaken to the core, and he must make a choice, embrace his past as a man of violence, or learn a new path and become a man of faith. Which will he choose?
Helping Josh on his epic quest is the local Sheriff (ERIC ROBERTS), Beth, his over-eager sidekick (NOELL COET) and Cat, the renegade biker (ANDREA LOGAN WHITE). Also featuring WCW Star STEVE “STING” BORDAN and BRUCE MARCHIANO as The Stranger.
There were a lot of things we LOVED about this film! Our favorite character in this one was Noell Coet who played Beth, pictured above. What a powerful role and the call of God on her life in this one. I can’t say anything more or it would give it away.
Here are the things that really blessed me during this film:
- There wasn’t a dull moment in this film. I even made the comment that I wished they had made this a 3 hour film. There were moments that reminded me of ‘The Stand’ – (only the clean version though – through Clearplay or some sort of filter because the ‘The Stand’ has some definite raunchy moments that I would never like to see again & I wish I hadn’t seen them the first time.)
- Fabulous beginning about choice. (Sometimes we forget we have a choice. The Holy Spirit gives us that ability to choose the right…choose not to sin. What a concept!)
- Seeing the world when God’s grace is gone…the love is gone…the restraint is gone. (Non-Christians don’t realize that it’s because of God’s children & His mercy that the world is still full of the mercy and grace we see on a daily basis. Once the Holy Spirit is withdrawn…anything goes…I believe we’ve seen something similar during the time of the dark ages.)
- The pivotal moment when Hawg (the leader of the gang) makes that decision to go fully bad. (It really impacted me because I could see how bad things that happen to people make them turn away from God. This happens every day and I truly believe it’s because people come to Jesus expecting nothing bad to ever happen to them again, but that isn’t what Jesus promised. Just ask all the martyrs. He promised ETERNAL LIFE and that is worth suffering for. Spending eternity with Him is enough. Impossible to imagine a world without pain and suffering but it IS coming!
- They left room for a definite 3rd movie…I hope they make it and soon…
All in all…did I mention we LOVED this movie…even more than the 1st! Great job and strong messages throughout. The strongest message look for in Beth, I won’t give that one away.
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.