‘In His Steps’ ~ CFDb Movie Review & Recommendation
In His Steps – When a homeless man interrupts the comfortable routine of First Church of Raymond, life will never be the same for the apathetic congregation. Henry Maxwell, Rachel Winslow, Virginia Page, and Alex Powers are thrust into a journey of discovering what life is like beyond “Christianity as usual.” But as they find themselves opposed by family strife, church politics, and scorned lovers, will they be able to keep their commitment, or will they be dragged back into fruitless lives?
I got such a kick out of this scene pictured above with Jasper. I really loved the way they portrayed this. If you haven’t seen the film, you have no idea why there would be a Western scene in a movie based on the book, ‘In His Steps’. You will have to seen the movie to find out how this fits in and how perfectly. It was unexpected. One of my favorite parts. Here are some things I liked about this film:
- Bringing out the Scripture the book was based upon – I Peter 2:21 – For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Such a powerful verse.
- The Pledge itself – same as in the book – a radical decision to do nothing for 1 year without asking first what would Jesus do. (If every Christian made this pledge, what a different world we would live in, or Jesus would have already returned.
- True discipleship – being grounded in His Word. His Word is ALWAYS to be the standard.
- If a sermon doesn’t compel you to do something for Christ, is it successful?
- Great faith speech by Virginia.
- LOVED the song towards the end.
I wonder what would shake each one of us up? A homeless person asking some honest questions of professed Christians as was seen in this film? Jesus asked in Luke 18:8 – I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
Great question! I don’t know about you, but I want to be one of those He finds faithful when He returns! Faithful ~ Full of Faith!
Check out also ‘In His Steps: The Series‘
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.