‘The Return’ ~
CFDb Movie Review
In the telling of this fairytale, one will discover the truth.
Leah of Nod goes through life as a thief. But, very little of what she steals remains with her. She is under the power and control of the evil Dybbuk. That is until, one day, a huntsman named Yadid arrives in the village.
Each week new gifts begin to appear in Leah’s cottage. She begins to change. Soon, however, she is betrayed by those closest to her and sentenced to die for her crimes. Leah discovers that great and true love can even over come death.
The picture above in the trailer is what really caught my attention. A powerful allegory, especially the 2nd half of the film. Here were some highlights:
- Some humor throughout.
- All about Jesus and Salvation without even mentioning His name, reminds me of the book of Esther.
- Brought out thoughts of a couple of Scriptures (again without mentioning them) Taste and see that the Lord is good and His banner over me is love.
- Jesus buying our freedom from Satan’s grasp and how undeserving we really are of His love.
- God being our guide and husband.
- The way being in love with our Savior and having eternal purpose changes us.
Although the beginning was a little hard to see all the allegory, the first half is necessary for the 2nd half to really impact you with the full allegory, so hang in there because the message is overwhelmingly powerful.
It is rare that a film touches me to my core, but the 2nd half of this film really did. I was crying then and crying now as I think of the love for our Savior compared to a woman in love with a spouse, anxiously awaiting the return.
This film is being released on 11/16/2015 but you can pre-buy the DVD today.
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.