‘Woodlawn’ ~ CFDb Movie Review
& Highest Recommendation
Dare To Believe!
A film based on an inspiring real-life story about love and unity in a school torn by racism and hate in the 1970s.
In 1973, a spiritual awakening captured the heart of nearly every player of the Woodlawn High School football team, including its coach Tandy Gerelds. Their dedication to love and unity in a school filled with racism and hate leads to the largest high school football game ever played in the torn city of Birmingham, Alabama, and the rise of its first African American superstar, Tony Nathan.
If you only can afford to watch 1 movie this year…make it this one. Here are just some of the many highlights:
- Powerful beginning about the Great Awakening.
- We all have purpose.
- Powerful speech by the chaplain and God moving in a way I couldn’t have imagined.
- Belief is important.
- Something bigger than sports.
- Sometimes dreams need to be taken away before new dreams can happen.
- Working for others instead of for ourselves…then extraordinary things can happen.
- Such honesty and boldness about their faith.
- The world needs the gift that is inside of us.
- Truly miraculous moments – awed by God’s power.
This is not just a great movie, it’s a catalyst for revival and reformation. It’s time to Pray for forgiveness, reconciliation, the power of the Holy Spirit to move and bring about the final great awakening, just before Jesus’ return.
And when you invite your friends (believer and non believer alike) just ask them to come with you to see a great football movie. It’s the truth and you never know what seeds might be sown as a result. Just happened to get this advice when interviewing Kevin Sizemore earlier today.
PRE-Buy Now – January 2016 release
Special events in 2016:
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.