‘Young Messiah’ ~
CFDb Movie Review
Tells the story of Jesus Christ at age seven as he and his family depart Egypt to return home to Nazareth. Told from his childhood perspective, it follows young Jesus as he grows into his religious identity.
The book follows the life of Jesus Christ as he discovers he is the Son of God, and travels with his parents from Egypt to Nazareth.
This is a film that looks at the life of Jesus from a completely different perspective…as a child, where Scripture is mostly silent. Here were some highlights:
- Jesus’ life from beginning to end…always being watched, not just by God.
- Some humor.
- Some ideas of what Jesus might have suffered as a child.
- Great scene with Cleopas which reminded me of Naaman.
- Great answer by Joseph to Jesus in their discussion at the river.
- Jesus’ answers to the rabbis were fabulous.
- One scene that was powerful reminded me of Isaiah 53 in regards to sickness.
- Some really clever moments.
- Nice ending.
Such a unique film and one that will really make you think, especially about how many people really did betray Jesus throughout His lifetime, and how many times have we betrayed Him as well.
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.